Newsletter Video for more prospects
By Marc Burger, Content Manager
Adding a video to your newsletter is an excellent way to encourage people to open and then click. We explain why.
- Video is now the most viewed content in your newsletter, vital for marketers in many ways
- Before sending the email, you should set a clear goal for your embedded newsletter video
- Remember to personalise the video, and include the word “video” in the subject line of your newsletter
- Personalised emails and videos will help you generate more leads and subscribers on your page, and gain trust
To gain new prospects and turn them into loyal customers, many companies send mass emails to thousands or tens of thousands of people, often with mixed success. If you want to add real value to your sales team, newsletter video can be the most engaging content. In 2021, 93% of marketers felt that video had been central to their strategy. Leveraging video is about providing a tailored customer experience, and going beyond the remote constraint by offering varied content.
The video newsletter has many advantages:
- It will promote, through elements like images, the culture of your company, the mindset of your employees, increasing audience engagement,
- It is easier and simpler to highlight key messages in a video, especially as you will not need technical skills to do so,
- It allows your employees to speak out about you, as they have the legitimacy to do so.
- It can also link to your blog, relaying some of the content on it and encouraging people to go and read your articles.
- And this video, if it aims to accompany your new customers, in an onboarding process to use your product or service, it will allow you to de-stress your after-sales team; by acting as an FAQ.
Video is now the most viewed content in your newsletter, vital for marketers in many ways
To give you some more figures on video:
- 89% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their videos,
- 86% of companies say they will have used video as a marketing tool by 2021
- 82% of internet traffic was devoted to video in 2020, and the trend is upwards
And 95% of a video message is retained by your audience, compared to only 10% of a text message. You can of course add an image or a gif to this video message, to add some humour.
This means that if you want to be listened to and remembered, Internet users will prefer to watch one of your short videos (a teaser for an event, product launch video, interview with your employees, a testimonial video from a client, etc.) rather than a text document, which is considered indigestible.
Before sending the email, you should set a clear goal for your embedded newsletter video
What do you want to say in the video? What is its main purpose? Ask people to sign up for an event? To find out about the interview with your new recruit? Get recipients to click through to your new product, shop, or promo code?
Why ask this question? Because the goal of this video will determine the subject of your email, as well as your acquisition strategy. It’s not about sending an email with a video for no reason. You have to send it to the right targets, with a relevant message that encourages people to click.
The intro and outro of your video are very important: these are the key moments that will remind you of the main objective.
For example, if you are registering for an event, the event will be announced in the intro, and the registration link in the outro.
If you are launching a new application, you will announce it in the intro and encourage people to request a demo in the outro.
Remember to personalise the video, and include the word “video” in the subject line of your newsletter
Personalised video allows you to send 20% more quotes! (Yann Gourvennec September 23rd, 2021, CEO & Founder at Visionary Marketing – Podcast: Play in new window).
And if you include the word “video” in the subject line, it will increase the open rate by 19% and the click rate by 65%.
In other words: combining video and personalisation is a winning strategy.
When the message is personalised, it is more easily remembered: indeed, the recipients do not have the impression that your message is drowned in the mass, but that it is directly intended for them, that they have a privileged relationship with you, which guarantees a stronger retention.
Personalised emails and videos will help you generate more leads and subscribers on your page, and gain trust
Personalised emails have a much higher click-through rate than regular emails (+119%): so imagine the impact if you replace your text with video!
You can create a close relationship with your prospects, a feeling of being listened to.
Want to make your own video for a future newsletter, with testimonials, benefits and results to show in some infographics after your corporate events? Want to get more subscribers and conversion rates with an awesome video marketing? It’s possible with the easy-to-use Pitchy platform to customise your creations, without technical skills. With Pitchy, you can easily create a video for your business. You just have to choose a video example on the platform, a template, customized backgrounds and even animated gif to promote your brand and data. Get on with creativity for your video content strategies! We can help you to get some tips, more inspiration, to have the ability to write a script first, to have the right approach, and to trust yourself. Watch few videos from us for example (whatever the topic is). Check our website and our youtube channel, and Request a demo now!
- Trends: Video, the most engaging medium for each moment of the conversion tunnel
- Strategy: What types of video should you integrate into your marketing automation strategy?
- Expert Advice: When should you integrate video into your marketing automation strategy?
- Complete demo
- Examples of customer video creations
- Offers and prices