Use corporate video to make storytelling
How can you use video to tell your story?
A brand relies on telling a story when it is not enough to just sell products through marketing. A story sets the brand apart from its competition. The brand tells its own story, a story different to others. The narrative in marketing is about how the founders met, what problems they faced, how they achieved success despite obstacles by harnessing their values. Storytelling in video marketing is an art. It is about producing a film that lasts a few seconds to tell your prospects and customers who you are. It recalls the past to explain the present and lay the groundwork for the future.
You can use video to tell your story
Telling your story in a video has many benefits.
- Firstly, everyone does it nowadays because there are many communication channels and doing things long distance is a normal part of our lives;
- Video is the ideal medium for telling a story – it can capture the audience’s attention and quickly bring up different feelings, like empathy;
- Instead of only talking about your product or service, you create a world around it that helps identify the codes and values of your business;
- Inspire to ultimately sell. With 66% of online sales based on an emotional need being piqued, there is a strong link between engagement and consumption;
- It offers a chance to add an anecdote, from one of your employees or customers, to show why you should be chosen as an employer or service provider;
- You can put your CSR projects front and centre and link them to the values you defend;
- It helps win over leads as well as jobseekers who would like to join your company.
What questions should a storytelling video answer?
If you tell your corporate story in video, it will not miss some of the questions everyone has, some of the facts and anecdotes that are unique to every company:
- Why do you do what you do?
- What is your story?
- Who are the main protagonists—your characters?
- What is your mission?
- What obstacles have you faced?
- What is your situation today?
- What goals have you set for the future?
- What cause (or causes) do you stand for? How?
of marketing professionals claim that video gives consumers a better image of a brand.
How to make a successful storytelling video
- Link the values or symbols of your brand to create a corporate identity,
- Insert your branding (slogan, logo, etc.),
- Add yourself into a current topic, a cause close to your audience’s heart,
- Adopt a clear message to hold attention,
- Use actors and actresses similar to the people you target to ease identification,
- Use enjoyable music to add energy,
- Add in subtitles so the video can be watched without sound,
- And most importantly – do not present a product, do not sell anything—you are telling a story, that’s it.
Immerse yourself into telling a story and create your video
To tell a story in a marketing video, first think about drafting a script (the start of any story) to compile all the textual elements of your video: the goals, the target audience, a summary, an introduction, the narrative stages and the main message. Then, move onto a storyboard to include the visuals and planned shooting (protagonist, people taking part, animation, dialogue, etc.). Thanks to an online video-editing solution, you will be able to integrate your filmed scenes directly into pre-designed templates and use motion design and royalty-free music. You will become a specialist in video storytelling, with a platform to help you all along the way.
Create emotion and credibility with visual storytelling
If you can give this experience to your audience, you will stand out from competitors! Video format is an excellent example of original storytelling. You are the narrator of your own corporate story. Your digital storytelling, your narration will have an impact on the perception of your viewers. You need as many authenciticy as possibe, to reach your goal. We are all humans, and we are sensitive to inspiring characters, individuals and educators, interactive content, and a voice of credibility. On Pitchy, you will quickly get the best practices for video creation, thanks to many features, a wide selection of templates, and measurable results.
- Set the objectives
- Think about your messages
- Know your audience
- Anticipate the distribution
- Set a duration
- Speaking to the camera or voice-over
- Content marketing
- Marketing presentation
- Use video for your storytelling
- Social media
- Complete demo
- Examples of customer video creations
- Offers and prices