Presentation video: when and how to use it
By Nicolas Pagniez
In what situations and business contexts should you use product presentation videos? What are the best formats? What rules need to be followed? The Content Factory has created a list of all the prerequisites for using this kind of video as well as trending formats.
In what situations and business contexts should a product presentation video be produced? What formats should be used? What are the codes to respect? What steps to take?
Presenting your product or service on video has two advantages:
This short film will develop your notoriety: “I am an innovative company with my product/service and I prove it by using this innovative media, with a beautiful design”.
You highlight the user benefits and the value proposition of your product or service.
To be successful, your message must be short, impactful and readable. It should not exceed two minutes or your audience will be drowned in too much information.
Product presentation video: some prerequisites before making and editing
- Determine a clear and identified objective for your video: your product or service has several strong points. Choose one of them and make it your communication objective. For example: you want to present your new solution that digitizes all of the HR department’s missions. Ask yourself if your product presentation is going to talk more about dematerialized annual interviews, payroll and vacation management or the learning platform.
- Identify your targets. In this commercial, you need to show that you know your prospects well enough to understand their problems. And that the way to overcome these problems is through the benefits of the product or service you are presenting. Think of your video as “customer centric”.
- This motion video is only one link in your marketing and pre-sales strategy. It should invite interaction via call-to-actions (CTAs) to get to the next step in your prospect’s buying journey.
A good product presentation video has five key points:
1) the pain point,
2) the solution,
3) the features, the demonstration,
4) the customer benefits
5) and how the solution works.
In what context should you create a product presentation video?
Launching a product or service
The long awaited moment to present your product has arrived. You have invited your first customers (future ambassadors…), your partners, the press. This first audiovisual production can of course generate other content creations to reveal the benefits of a new feature or a product evolution.
What ROI? A better memorization rate of your product. Clarity of your message. A “wow” effect.
A corporate congress
This type of video production is useful to attract visitors to an event and to welcome your prospects, partners, customers and candidates to your company.
What ROI? The number of visitors. The video presentation broadcasted in a loop allows to attract more people.
To increase interaction and visibility on social networks
If your website is a showcase, the product presentation video will be the showcase of the product or service you sell. On your site, it has its place in your sections: “Our products” / “Our services” / “Our solution”. And of course be the subject of an article on the blog.
On social networks, you must integrate your video on your company page while hosting it on a broadcast platform. Then, post it on your news feed and in private messages to prospects identified in your social selling strategy.
What ROI? Traffic. On a website page, 80% of visitors watch the videos and only 20% are interested in the content when they arrive on your landing page. As for referencing, you have 53 times more chances to appear on the first page with an explanatory video.
To close a sales opportunityFirst, it improves your engagement rate on an email blast.
Then, it can be easily shared by your prospect with his decision makers to better convince them.
In a physical meeting, showing the video as a reminder can only be good for your prospect. Especially if this meeting is at the beginning of your negotiation cycle where he has to remember your product among a range of solutions that he will have sourced beforehand.
What is the ROI? Video is a lever for boosting sales. Companies that integrate video into their marketing mix see their revenues increase by 49% compared to those who do not use it.
In your internal communication: Web-TV and e-mailing
A product presentation in video can also enhance your internal communication. Apart from the product division, all other departments require product updates to better attract prospects, sell and support customers. A content of this type broadcast internally via a Web TV or an e-mailing can play this role.
You want to make a product presentation video without going through an agency, and without technical skills? Ask for a demo of the Pitchy solution.
- Complete demo
- Examples of customer video creations
- Offers and prices