Newsletter Video for creative content
By Marc Burger, Content Manager
Whether it's for your target customers or internally, the video email in your newsletter is the most engaging content. But you have to get it right.
- The advantages of email video for use in your communication and mailing strategy, to get more traffic on your page, and more subscribers
- Give great importance to the subject of the email, the main topic for readers of the audience
- Embedding elements: what relevant video content should you include in your newsletter before you send it?
- Messaging: an employee interview to tell corporate stories
- A customer testimonial to gain trust
Nowadays, many companies and marketing teams that communicate via mail and newsletters, both to their target customers and employees, have understood that newsletter video has become THE essential content to integrate in order to draw attention to the news and create engagement (click, registration, purchase in your online shop, participation in a game…). To illustrate this, here are some webmarketing and emailing figures concerning the video newsletter on the French market:
- 95% of a video message is retained, against 10% of a text message,
- 73% of B2B marketers say they measure a positive impact of video on their ROI,
- 65% increase in click-through rate if the word “video” is included in the subject line of your email,
- 59% of executives prefer to watch a video rather than read text.
The video newsletter, unlike the more traditional newsletter, therefore has many advantages for your campaign, which we will discuss below. But it’s not about making video for video’s sake: you have to be strategic, and do everything possible to encourage recipients to open the email, read the information and click on the CTAs (call-to-action) that are intended for them.
Here are some tips and advice from us.
The advantages of email video for use in your communication and mailing strategy, to get more traffic on your page, and more subscribers
The video newsletter differs from the old generation of text-heavy emails in several ways:
- This type of resources is less indigestible: many studies prove that the video message is more easily assimilated and retained than the very dense text messages: moreover, if you write a coherent email subject and immediately mention the video, the recipients will know that consulting your newsletter will take them less time,
- It will promote, through images (or testimonial video), the culture of your company, the state of mind of your employees,
- It is easier and simpler to highlight key messages in a video, especially as you don’t need technical skills to do so,
- It allows your employees to speak out about you, as they have the legitimacy to do so.
- It can also link to your blog, relaying some of the content on it and encouraging people to reply, go and read your articles.
- Added to that, you can integrate a gif for example, to create dynamism.
Give great importance to the subject of the email, the main topic for readers of the audience
The subject line is the title that recipients will see in their mailboxes when they receive it. This is what will encourage them (or not) to open your newsletter. From the subject line onwards, you should highlight the content that this newsletter contains, to encourage them to open and click. Here are a few examples before sending it out (don’t hesitate to do some internal tests):
- VIDEO/ONBOARDING: Discover the interview with Inès, our new Community Manager!
- More like sea or mountain? Discover Inès’ answer in video!
- VIDEO [name of manager] would like to have a word with you 🙂
- SAVE THE DATE: watch the trailer of [event name]!
Embedding elements: what relevant video content should you include in your newsletter before you send it?
It’s not enough to add a video to a newsletter: it has to be attention-grabbing, to reach your marketing goal. Whether it’s to instil dynamism internally, to encourage your teams for future projects, or to establish your expertise and legitimacy with prospects, several effective video formats exist.
Messaging: an employee interview to tell corporate stories
Whether it’s a product launch or an HR video for a recruitment site, the employee interview puts a face on your teams and reveals to candidates who they are likely to work with. A good way to break the ice from the outset 😉 To highlight your young talent and strengthen cohesion between colleagues, there’s nothing better than giving them a voice.
For example, if you are still faced with a teleworking policy, many of them are remote and do not see each other. You can make the decision to maintain the link through video. That’s what we were doing at Pitchy, through a special containment interview, as here, with Jimmy, our International sales manager:
The employee interview can also be published in an internal newsletter to welcome new members to your company. You can set up a sort of tradition, i.e. a list of questions asked to all new members. Please read our article on ideas for questions to ask during the employee interview.
A customer testimonial to gain trust
If your newsletter is to showcase your expertise and legitimacy, the best way to do this is to have your customers speak for you, highlighting :
- the benefits of your product/service/application/platform,
- the quality of your customer service,
- the originality of your offer,
All the more so if it is a reference brand in a given field! And of course, its name should appear in the subject line of the email to entice your future readers.
In this video, Emmanuelle Leduc, Head of Project Contribution and Deployment at BNP Paribas, talks about using the Pitchy platform in video creation:
Want to make your own video for a future newsletter, with testimonials, benefits and results to show in some infographics after your corporate events? Want to get more subscribers and conversion rates with an awesome video marketing? It’s possible with the easy-to-use Pitchy platform to customise your creations, without technical skills. With Pitchy, you can easily create a video for your business. You just have to choose a video example on the platform, a template, customized backgrounds and even animated gif to promote your brand and data. Get on with creativity for your video content strategies! We can help you to get some tips, more inspiration, to have the ability to write a script first, to have the right approach, and to trust yourself. Watch few videos from us for example (whatever the topic is).
Ask for a quick demo (for free!) of the Pitchy solution, choose your template and usecases for great results, thanks to awesome content.
- Complete demo
- Examples of customer video creations
- Offers and prices