Integrate Online Video Maker in your Strategy
By Marc Burger, Content Manager
Today, personalised video allows you to address each person specifically in your marketing strategy.
- What exactly is a customisable video?
- How do you go about making a personalised video? What are the different steps through the online video maker?
- Write the script or storyboard of the video you will create on the online video maker
- Broadcasting the video you made with the online video maker on different channels
Over the past decade or two, marketing has changed profoundly in France and throughout the world. Ten or fifteen years ago, the objective was to target the largest possible audience, via mass campaigns (posters, television, brochures, etc.). Today, marketing teams have understood that each consumer has a personality and specific needs, due to several factors, known as data (gender, age, profession, geographical area, etc.). This is where personalised video maker can be one of the main tools for the success of your campaign, to be produced without moderation, it’s like creating a little presentation film.
Why integrate a personalised video in your marketing strategy or in your way of communicating with customers?
- The click-through rate increases by 65% when the word “video” is included in the subject line,
- 55% of people consume video rather than any other type of content,
- 73% of B2B marketers say they measure a positive impact of video on their ROI.
- 94% of under 35s watch explainer videos.
- 72% of internet users prefer to discover a product by watching a video.
We tell you more in this article.
What exactly is a customisable video?
If, for example, you work in the tourism industry, you will not address a young couple planning a weekend in Lisbon in the same way as a newly-wed couple planning a honeymoon in the Maldives. The example is deliberately caricatural, but it illustrates the diversity of your customers, whatever your sector of activity. This is particularly true of banking, real estate and insurance.
Today, many marketing teams collect what is known as data (notably via forms, and with the consent of customers and prospects of course), a set of information about your customers that enables you to adapt your communication strategies. Thus, it is possible to produce personalised videos, with visuals and messages adapted to the recipients. Depending on the information you have collected (type of subscription, previous orders, first name, last name, age, gender, interests….), the person will receive content that meets their personal expectations. If we take the example of a bank: a person exchanges with an advisor about an investment project or a financial operation. With the data collected, you can send this person a personalised video that summarises their request and provides them with appropriate solutions.
To sum up, personalised video has many advantages for your marketing strategy:
- It offers a unique and innovative customer experience,
- allows you to concretise the information collected via data,
- answers issues in a personal and visual way,
- is an accessible and easily understandable medium,
- makes your customers understand in a few minutes, depending on their situation, which products or services would be best suited to their needs,
- allows you to maintain a human touch, even in a remote relationship,
- builds customer loyalty to your brand,
- allows you to obtain a clear, concise answer,
- optimises your ROI (return on investment): your emailing campaigns will be more effective, as they will generate more clicks than a simple text message.
- Note that the personalised video is also used in the onboarding of new customers, to accompany them step by step in their steps.
> It reactivates the relationship with your former customers (reactivation),
> It reactivates prospects who have requested a quote to turn them into leads,
> It also encourages former customers to sponsor new ones: many companies allow their loyal customers to make a personalised video for their sponsored customer from their personal space.
> Note that you can also use it for special occasions: to celebrate a merry Christmas, a birthday (for example, the child’s birthday), to wish the customer and his family a happy new year, etc.
> If you are in the real estate business, you can make a virtual reality visit to a property that the person in question is interested in.
Discover what a personalised video can look like, thanks to this template made with the Pitchy solution :
How do you go about making a personalised video? What are the different steps through the online video maker?
Define the objectives of the video before using the online video maker
This is the first question you should ask yourself: what are you trying to achieve with this personalised video? To build customer loyalty? To meet their needs without a face-to-face meeting? Reduce the number of incoming calls and thus facilitate the work of customer service? Reactivate customers who have not called you for a long time? Or do you want to use personalised video to encourage prospects to use your services? Do you want to make videos to onboard your new customers? What will the video look like (real or virtual)?
Another important point to consider before making the video is data collection. How will this be done? Via an online form? What data do you want to collect? Name? First name? E-mail address? Phone number? Any other additional information about your consumption habits? And make sure you have the right to use this data.
All these elements should be clearly defined in the marketing strategy, as they will determine the content of your video.
Write the script or storyboard of the video you will create on the online video maker
This should include:
- the format of the video: is it an animated video? Or will we see sequences with your employees?
- the sequence of the video, the different sequences that will follow one another,
- the appearance of the text: the names of the advisers, for example, or the key words to remember, the figures,
- the soundtrack, which you can choose via an online video editing tool,
- subtitles (important so that the video can be played without the sound),
- the voice-over (be careful to limit the number of personalised elements: for example, it is not advisable to have a voice-over say all your customers’ first names), motion design.
Customise the video with an online creation tool
Then, thanks to a video platform accessible to all, you can choose a template, which can of course be adapted according to your colour code and your graphic identity, and even draw some shots. It is recommended that these templates include your logo, or another graphic element that characterises you, so that the content is immediately identifiable.
The personalisation will include other elements, such as the choice of music, text font, tone of voice, voice-over selection, template, etc.
Broadcasting the video you made with the online video maker on different channels
Once the personalised video is ready, it will have to be broadcast, added to different channels, two of which are the main ones
On the customer area: this is the area where each customer goes to follow the evolution of his or her situation: he or she will therefore need a personalised, accompanied follow-up, of which the video will be the keystone. It is also via the customer area that you can collect data, by asking people to fill in an online form, in order to find out as much as possible about their situation and their expectations
Via a newsletter: to the customers concerned and whose information is kept in your database. Each important step in the customer journey can be punctuated by a newsletter to guide people to the next step. Or, for example, when an important step is completed, a personalised video can be sent out stating that the customer’s case will be taken over by the relevant team.
What about you? Do you need a video editor for your future video ads? Do you want to drag potential user with amazing videos and video formats made by your company? It is now possible with Pitchy, a video editor made for marketers, HR, sales teams…. On our platform, our smart interface, our easy-to-use device, you will find text features, photos, customizable templates, a stock library with visuals, stickers and animated stickers, easy filters, animations, themes and transitions for your promo videos for youtube (or tiktok videos, as you wish). You will be able to make interviews, tutorials, teasers, infographic like a professional. You can even start from scratch, edit our pre designed templates, or download or own footage to promote your own graphic style and promote your brand in your video clips. For more information, we do not have any pricing page on our website. Our licences depend on your needs. We do not have a pricing page on our website. To make creative content with great feature:
- Trends: Video, the most engaging medium for each moment of the conversion tunnel
- Strategy: What types of video should you integrate into your marketing automation strategy?
- Expert Advice: When should you integrate video into your marketing automation strategy?
- Complete demo
- Examples of customer video creations
- Offers and prices