Video content marketing: keep in touch with your community
By Marc Burger, Content Manager
Whether it's with your team or your target audience, video content allows you to keep in touch with any community. We will tell you more here.
For more than a year now, we have been experiencing periods of uncertainty, alternating between reunion and distance. Fortunately, new technologies allow us to keep in touch, even from afar. If you are marketers in a company, periods of confinement and distance should encourage you to create video content marketing to keep in touch with your audience or users (or even influencers), or simply with your employees.
What if you took advantage of the summer period to start editing, thanks to simple tools and software on the web? Plus, it’s easy to use 😉
Our content factory tells you more and we guide you through the process in this article. What is the importance of video content, whether you are a startup or a big company? How to use a video creator tool in the future for your brand? How can it be useful to your brand and business? How to be creative and become viral? How to link video content to management? What are the different trends? And why is it working?
Eventually, remember that all this content can be added on your website (for example, explainer videos). Let’s rock!
Why keep in touch with your target group thanks to online video creation?
To announce the new products of the fall season
The back-to-school period is often synonymous with new products. Are you launching a new product? A new service? A new mobile application? Or maybe you want to announce that you are moving? A name change? So summer is the time to develop a communication strategy, fuelled by video content, to emphasise your main messages and feed your Facebook, Instagram or other accounts (not forgetting the blog and corporate pages of the site if relevant). A great content resource, while you recharge your batteries 😉
For example, you can :
Produce a video interview with your managers or co-founders, announcing the new services planned for the fall. Interviewing the leaders gives legitimacy to the message, shows that they have faith in their projects and want to break down barriers by speaking directly to their communities. You can even add a behind-the-scenes video, a sort of making-off.
Create a teaser video for your social networks, also called snack content. If you opt for the strategy of keeping people on the edge of their seats all summer long, put together a short teaser yourself that doesn’t say too much. This teaser can also be an invitation to an event, as is the case in this template, made with the Pitchy solution:
To give your company a human dimension, by showcasing your employees
Here are some top ideas.
- In order to prepare for the upcoming back-to-school period and to regain your strength, you can, instead of producing commercial content, produce inspirational content (also considered as inbound marketing). For this purpose, your employees can put themselves in the picture: for example, by talking about :
- their holiday destination,
- their different projects for this summer (yoga, running, swimming, writing, training, learning a new language, etc.)
- their wishes for the new school year,
- their reading tips,
- recipes to share,
The possibilities are vast: in this way, you talk about your company indirectly, creating a link other than a commercial one with your target: they will no longer see you as a salesman, but as a medium in its own right.
Of course, do it through several steps, remember to brief your teams beforehand: some people may feel uncomfortable or illegitimate, the aim is not to force them. Then send participants a list of questions to think about. A video like this should also be engaging and interactive: it can be live, with your employees asking questions of the audience, or answering questions. It can also be filmed by the person, as a selfie, with his/her Smartphone.
For example: during the first containment of 2020, we decided to interview Pitchounes to find out:
- where they were confined
- what they were reading,
Check out the interview of Simran, International Marketing Coordinator at Pitchy (made with our video editor). The topic was: quarantine interview:
And with your teams?
Keeping in touch through video helps to avoid the loneliness of teleworking
This is even more true if you have a lot of interns or trainees in your team. Most of them live in small studios and are sometimes just passing through your city, far from their relatives. As a result, spending days or even weeks teleworking, without social interaction, can quickly become depressing. All the more reason to create regular videos to keep in touch. Again, these can be :
- simply Google Meet or Zoom meetings, to get news and announce important information (HR, arrivals/departures, new projects underway, completed projects, competitions won, upcoming events…),
- teaser videos (sort of short films or original trailers) shared internally if the company participates in conferences or product launches, or simply to announce new products,
- introduction videos for new recruits (a tradition at Pitchy!): you can make them or ask the newcomers to make them themselves
- a quarterly review, explanatory infographics, professional lessons,
- tutorials for using new software and tools…
- videos to say goodbye to people who are leaving the adventure, making a compilation of the best moments,
Offer informal video moments
There are many ways to play online with your colleagues. Your newcomers will feel more integrated into your team if you regularly offer informal moments to liven up the daily life of your employees. These games will be a vector of integration.There are many free online games for this:
- skribbl.io, for drawing enthusiasts,
- or even quizzes that your communication and events teams can prepare: blind test, Trivial Pursuit-style speed quiz to evaluate speed skills, etc.
Do you want to make videos to keep in touch with your community without being a video professional or a digital native? Watch and discover Pitchy platform, our high definition, catalogue of templates and our attractive design.
- Trends: What are the prerequisites for making social videos?
- Decoding: Snack content vs long form content: decoding social content
- Your turn: 5 tips for building your social video strategy
- Complete demo
- Examples of customer video creations
- Offers and prices